Wednesday, February 15, 2012

It Came From The Cove Part 1 - The New Mexikans

The New Mexikans
Kidicarus/Broken Eye
Genre- Hard Rock

So I used to haunt this place called The Cove in Roselle, NJ. Shit, I was only a kid at the time but this was my absolute favorite spot for quite a few years. Every single weekend me and my buds would grab some smokes and a couple bucks and walk over to see a show, no matter who was playing (well... for the most part). The Cove was a cozy venue where bands, both young and established, could play to a small but very engaging crowd. The venue did some amazing things for the NJ/local music scene in the late 90's and very early 00's.

The New Mexikans were one of my favorite bands to go see. This young 4 piece hailed from NYC and brought some major talent. To this day, I think 'Kidicarus' is one of the best songs I've ever heard performed by an unsigned band. And as far as I know they never released a proper full length so I highly recommend checking out these 2 tracks. I've never posted anything like this before, a metal influenced hard rock band with psychedelic vibes. This is a young band that should have been signed in their prime. Give it a shot.

1 comment:

  1. Broken Eye is one of the best songs ever recorded. It gets heavy rotation on my "Iron Fist" playlist

    ReplyDelete